The curriculum which is offered to support our aims is broad and balanced and relevant to the needs of the children. It is differentiated to meet individual needs wherever necessary.
Our curriculum at Wychbold focuses on excellence, ensuring our exciting and challenging learning opportunities engage all pupils to achieve success.
A Curriculum focussed on sustainability:
As we teach our pupils to love, learn and live as global citizens in an ever-changing world we know there will be many challenges ahead. Climate change is one of the greatest challenges of our time which impacts on all living things. Due to inequalities, global health issues, more frequent and intense natural disasters, natural resource depletion, increase in global temperatures and sea levels rising, we are now at a pivotal point. The survival of many living things and biological support systems of the planet are at risk. We have to act now. We are committed to working together to educate our pupils about the importance of achieving the Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs) Sustainable Development Goals. We will do this through our curriculum which will deliver and drive key messages about each of our chosen areas.
The 6 elements and key actions are:
- Knowledge - To know more, remember more and be able to do more for the benefit of humanity and the planet.
- Equality - To know that everyone’s human rights should be protected and respected.
- Innovation - To look at things in different ways and find solutions when faced with a challenge.
- Legacy - To learn from the past in order to protect our planet now and in the future.
- Partnership - To know that greater change can happen when we work together.
- Sustainability - To promote the careful use of resources so that they are available in the future.
Our curriculum helps our children to develop the skills and knowledge they need for their future lives as architects, engineers, designers, artists and teachers of the future.
Creating a culture for our vision to succeed Our STARS values are the characteristics and behaviours we all share, helping to create a strong culture across the Trust. Our shared values help staff and pupils focus on making the right decisions, strive for high standards and help us fulfil our vision to love, learn, live.
Our STARS values: • Sharing • Trust • Achievement • Respect • Safety
- Name Size
- Rivers Science Progression Framework 0.50 MB
- Rivers PE Progression Framework 0.67 MB
- Rivers Music Progression Framework 0.41 MB
- Rivers Language Progression Framework 0.35 MB
- Rivers History Progression Framework 0.68 MB
- Rivers Geography Progression Framework 0.36 MB
- Rivers DT Progression Framework 0.87 MB
- Computing Rivers framework progression 0.29 MB
- Rivers Art Progression Framework 0.68 MB
- Rivers About us curriculum 0.51 MB
In this section
- Parents' Information
- Early Help for Families
- Enrichment Friday
- Joining our School
- Policies & Forms
- Pupil Premium
- School Attainment Results
- School Dinners
- Sports Premium
- Special Educational Needs
- Sports at Wychbold
- Term Dates
- Before and After School
- Safeguarding Children