Our Values and Vision
Here at Wychbold First and Nursery we aim to educate the whole child, developing confident learners who have a keen sense of responsibility for their own learning success. To ensure everyone is happy, healthy, safe and successful, ensuring equality of opportunity. To encourage everyone to use their capapbilities to fulfil their potential and achieve economic well-being as adults.
We aim to prepare children for the complexities and challenges of life by developing
• lively and enquiring minds
• a love of learning
• knowledge, experience and understanding of the world in which we live
• skills and attitudes to become independent and co-operative learners
• self respect and a belief in their own abilities
• an understanding of right and wrong
• self discipline and respect for the rights and needs of others and for the environment
And to provide opportunities for children so that they can make a positive contribution to their school, local, national and international communities.
We are proud to be part of the Rivers C of E Multi-academy Trust and this is our shared vision:
Our vision is encapsulated in the words: ‘love, learn, live’.
Our goal is that learners will love learning for life.
In reaching this goal, our family of schools love, learn and live together, guided by strong beliefs, moral purpose and faith.
We are committed to nurturing all our learners - children and adults, represented by:
the head (knowledge), hand (skills) and most importantly the heart (beliefs, values, attitudes, positive habits and behaviours). In our academy our heart is strong and is integral to our moral and religious character.
We will achieve our vision if:
• The community is passionate about learning.
• Everyone’s point of view is heard and appreciated.
• The curriculum is engaging, inspiring and challenging for all learners.
• Children experience outstanding learning and teaching enabling them to excel within a vibrant, happy and safe learning environment.
Our shared culture is driven by shared values and core principles. Shared values steer our academies towards our best picture vision. Our moral purpose and faith is real and is communicated through our words and deeds. By living our values we will love the learning journey.
- Sharing (reflecting together, collaboration, relationships, communication, responsive, synergy)
- Trust (openness, transparency, faith, support, family, democratic, supportive challenge, beyond the ego, clarity, no conflict of interests)
- Achievement (high aspirations and expectations, progress, standards, the best we can be, independent, sense of pride, feeling valued, social, moral, spiritual, cultural, academic, fulfilled)
- Respect (tolerance, inclusive, appreciate difference and the need for change, embrace views of all members of the community, British values)
- Safety (well being, healthy body and mind, secure and confident, develop character, everyone aware and prepared, developing growth mindset, resilience, grit, facing challenges, risk taking)
Feedback from our parents is an important aspect of our self-evaluation and helps us to improve the quality of education that we provide for our pupils.
We send out an annual questionnaire and encourage our families to give us honest feedback and comments, both positive and in areas where we need to improve.
A summary of the Summer 2018 Questionairre is below where you can see actions that we will take to address your areas for improvement. Overall, we were delighted with the feedback and will continue to provide the best education and experiences for your child this year.
- Name Size
- Rivers School Improvement Plan 2018 19 overview 0.04 MB
- Parent Survey July 2018 analysis 0.58 MB
- school development plan Sept 2017 0.05 MB
- Parent Survey Analysis 2017 0.27 MB
- SPD 2016 2017.pdf.1 0.73 MB